When a woman makes the decision to end a pregnancy, she needs access to safe medical care. What does she need from you? Your support — and your respect for her to make her own decision, just as she respects you to make yours.
Once her decision has been made, it’s time to #SupportHer.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Over the last four decades, Texas lawmakers have passed more than 18 anti-abortion measures to limit access to safe abortion care. Today, Texas enforces more restrictions on access to safe, legal abortion than in 1973, when the Supreme Court ruled inRoe v. Wade.
- During the 2015 legislative session alone, lawmakers proposed more than 20 anti-abortion measures.
- In 2013, Texas passed the most restrictive anti-abortion measure in the country, closing more than half of abortion clinics in Texas. Today, as a result, 247 of the 254 counties in Texas do not have an abortion provider.
- A Texas law passed in 2003 requires doctors to give patients medically inaccurate information about abortion, including a false link between abortion and breast cancer.
- Abortion is one of the safest medical procedures.
- About half of women in the U.S. will have an unintended pregnancy and 1 in 3 will have an abortion.