The American Civil Liberties Union of Texas is the leading civil rights organizations in the Lone Star State. We work in courts, legislatures, and communities to protect and extend the civil rights for Texans throughout the state. The ACLU of Texas is both a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization. The ACLU of Texas operates professional offices in Houston, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, and Brownsville, Texas.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital and Branding Manager is responsible for driving audiences to action across all ACLU of Texas digital channels and promoting the ACLU of Texas brand to broaden audience awareness among key constituencies. This role requires collaboration across the organization, including managing and mentoring members of the digital and branding team, as well as working with members of the Policy & Advocacy, Legal, Border Rights and Development Departments.
The Digital and Branding Manager leads communications with different audiences –including followers, email subscribers, volunteers, donors, and elected officials – and acts as guardian of the ACLU of Texas brand, bringing the impactful work of staff to the public at large in an understandable and compelling manner. This role collaborates with every member of the Communications Department, especially with the Director, Deputy Director and Media Relations Manager, to implement strategy and cultivate idea generation to move individuals to take action on behalf of the ACLU of Texas and elevate the brand of the organization.
- Lead digital and branding strategy for advocacy campaigns across online platforms and print materials, developing innovative ways to reach target audiences
- Bring a strong creative vision to produce compelling graphics and video content, optimized for digital platforms that broaden awareness and engagement with the ACLU of Texas
- Lead visual identity and layout of publications in print and online, including reports, white papers, and pamphlets; create data visualization graphics for reports, such as maps, tables, charts, etc.
- Manage and mentor a team of digital and multimedia associates to execute campaigns in alignment with ACLU branding and tone-of-voice guidelines
- Oversee and track the growth, quality, reach, and optimization of our digital media channels, setting and measuring success metrics
- Lead digital work through CRM systems (Sailthru, Springboard, EveryAction)
- Provide technical assistance and training to team members and staff on how to leverage brand identity to engage key audiences
- Manage relations with vendors, pushing for the best possible product and price
- Collaborate and coordinate with members across the organization, including policy, legal, border rights and development
- Stay abreast of latest tools and best practices for online advocacy
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or related field
- At least five years of experience in social media content and strategy, digital marketing, online campaigning, or related fields
- Preferred candidate has experience running successful email campaigns in SailThru, Springboard and/or EveryAction
- Experience providing creative direction for the execution of multimedia advocacy campaigns, including print, video, and photographic production
- Front-end web development experience and at least basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in photo and video editing software such as Adobe
- Experience using metrics to measure marketing campaign success
- Experience managing a small digital team, serving as a traffic manager to make sure projects are completed on time
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills; strong attention to detail, ability to write and deliver work product under deadlines, and commitment to high quality standards
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with community partners, colleagues, and staff at all organization levels
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the ACLU of Texas
Salary range is comparable to other public interest law firms in the area, with excellent benefits.
Please submit an application here.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU of Texas reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Texas encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. The ACLU of Texas undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.