The ACLU of Texas is seeking a Digital Storyteller who has a passion for finding great content and distributing it to all platforms. The Digital Storyteller must be a creative thinker who thrives on interacting with our audience, and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks. Must be able to shoot, edit, write, produce and turn around weekly pieces. The Digital Storyteller must have superior news judgment and the ability to communicate news in grammatically-solid and journalistically-sound ways.
- Written and Video Content Creation
- Generate story ideas that align with organizational priorities and messaging
- Develop, publish and update content for ACLU of Texas digital and social platforms
- Shoot and edit original or repurposed video for all platforms
- Research, create and repurpose content including text, images, video and social media
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Participate in communications meetings and work with ACLU of Texas staff to develop original digital content opportunities
- Manage the overall content on our website and social media platforms when needed
- Understand and achieve metrics goals
- Requires the ability to travel locally throughout Texas
- Experience working as a digital producer or reporter preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities, multiple teams, and with remote offices, within deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Experience using DSLR or other photography/videography equipment
- Ability to work independently or multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of ACLU of Texas’s salary scale. Excellent benefits include a generous Paid Time Off policy, medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) plan with an employer match; life and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and names and contact information of three professional references by email to email@example.com with "Digital Storyteller" in the subject line.
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Texas encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.