Executive Assistant provides executive support to the Executive director and Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a civic minded, advocacy centered, diverse environment that is issue-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Significant track record of success in senior level roles.
- A minimum of 6 years of administrative/C-Suite experience.
- Exercise exceptional discretion and judgment.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, multi-task, and work independently as well as collaborate with others on a variety of strategies in a team-oriented approach.
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
- Superb interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize many concurrent tasks at once, manage a high-volume workload, pay extremely close attention to detail, adapt quickly to changing organizational priorities, and meet moving deadlines.
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, and ability to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
- A confident and professional work style; a strong sense of humor and a faculty for handling stressful situations with grace and maturity is a must.
- Dedication to the ACLU’s mission.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
This position is based out of the ACLU of Texas state headquarters in Houston.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of ACLU of Texas’s salary scale. Excellent benefits include a generous Paid Time Off policy, medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) plan with an employer match; life and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
Electronic applications in MS Word or pdf format are preferred. Cover letter, resume, and three professional references can be submitted to:
Mail: ACLU of Texas, Attn: Executive Assistant Search, P.O. Box 8306, Houston, TX 77288
The ACLU of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Texas encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.