The ACLU of Texas is seeking a Graphic Design Assistant to assist the in-house designer of all digital and print publications, promotional materials, and multi-media. The position is a member of the Communications Department, reporting to the Deputy Director of Communications and working collaboratively with the entire communications team to meet the ACLU of Texas design needs.
- Maintain the visual identity of the ACLU of Texas consistent with the national ACLU brand guidelines across all public-facing content and materials.
- Ensure consistency throughout the office in the use of the ACLU brand and style guide.
- Design and produce ACLU of Texas print and digital publications and media office-wide templates, event invitations, pamphlets, flyers, policy reports, the website, social media and more.
- Design and produce ACLU promotional materials and merchandise such as stickers, pins, T-shirts, posters, and more, as requested.
- Create or find images and graphic elements for projects.
- Maintain useful library of images, graphics, videos, templates, and design inputs.
- Photograph important ACLU activities and clients.
- Assist in production of short videos and other media as assigned.
- Recommend creation or updates to assets.
- Assist the Communications Team as needed.
- Experience and skill in creating print publications using desktop publishing software. An understanding of various printing processes and demonstrated design experience using Adobe products such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred.
- A working knowledge of basic web technologies, content management systems (such as Drupal), and HTML, and experience in designing graphics for websites.
- Understanding of accessibility standards and ability to design accessible materials.
- Proven ability to handle projects, set priorities, manage details, and follow-through independently.
- Commitment to a “customer service” approach as the design expert, treating fellow staff as “clients” for individual projects.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on tasks large and small. A “can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, including planning, keeping organized files, and problem solving.
- Experience in supervising volunteers and working cooperatively with groups.
- A confident and professional demeanor. A history of reliability, conscientiousness, and timeliness.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences.
- Strong support for the mission of the ACLU and general familiarity with civil rights and civil liberties issues.
- Ability to work occasional overtime or irregular hours
Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of ACLU of Texas’s salary scale.
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and names and contact information of three professional references by email to email@example.com with "Part-time Graphic Design Assistant " in the subject line.
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Texas encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.