By Jose Medina
ACLU of Texas Media Coordinator
Traveling next week? Are you thinking “Well, the full-body scanners aren’t at all airports yet so I probably don’t have to worry about them this holiday travel season”? Think again.
Here, according to the TSA website, are the Texas airports that already have the technology:
- Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport
- Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport
- Corpus Christi International Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- El Paso International Airport
- Laredo International Airport
- McAllen Miller Airport
- San Antonio International Airport
And coming soon:
- Houston William P. Hobby Airport
In short, if you’re flying in Texas, you’re not skipping this line, regardless of how many gold club points, frequent flyer miles, captain’s club membership or whatever other airline privilege you may have.
Want to learn more? Visit aclu.org for an overview of TSA’s naked power grab.