Achieving racial justice in Texas doesn't just happen by itself. It takes people like you who stand up and demand equality and justice for all Texans. Below are several ways you can take action to create real change and help redouble our efforts to promote racial justice in our state.
- Sign up to receive our action alerts when civil liberties are under attack.
- Take our Systemic Equality survey: Dismantling a legacy of racism and discrimination in Texas can't happen in a vacuum. We want to hear from our ACLU of Texas supporters. Tell us what a more equitable Texas looks like to you.
- Support the Texas George Floyd Act: We have a renewed urgency, and a duty, to make changes to stop police brutality. The Texas George Floyd Act proposes to implement sweeping solutions to policing in Texas. If you're ready to fight for a world where Black Texans do not have to live in fear of the police, add your name today.
- Say no to predatory bail reform: Texas lawmakers are currently considering Senate Bill 21, legislation that would enrich the predatory bail industry, punish the poor, and increase poverty-driven incarceration, especially of Black and Brown Texans. If we want to stop this bad legislation, we need to demand that our elected officials protect Texans, not bail industry profits.
- Donate to our Racial Justice work: The Systemic Equality campaign is our roadmap to organize all of our racial justice work across each of our five key issue areas. Support our efforts in the long-haul fight for racial justice in Texas by donating today.